We all need rest. It is essential. I am anxious about so many things. Anxiety is insidious. There is no rest when I am wallowing in my concerns. I am a worry wart. I recognize it can be exhausting. When I don’t trust Jesus, I don’t rest well.
There is good news. I can give my anxiety to Jesus. He will take it for me. I hear Him say “I’ve got this!”
- Much of our anxiety has to do with our jobs and work.
- Our faith at work is an opportunity to prove confidence in Jesus and relax.
- Others will be running around like chickens with their heads cut off.
- We will be calm and collected.
- Why? Because of our faith in Jesus.
Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.
Jesus really cares for me. That is some EXCEPTIONALLY good news.
- 1 Peter 5:7 (NASB) — Casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.
- Matthew 6:25 (NASB) — “For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?”
- Philippians 4:6 (NASB) — Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
I can rest.
I can relax.
God is in a good mood!