For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
Our Father had a new plan for us. It wasn’t based on the old plan where sacrificing could cover up for us missing the goal that God has for us. Nope. No more “things to do” to be in the right standing. Now that is good news.
Jesus took care of all of that. Nothing left we can do to get right with God. Now Jesus has taken His seat of honor next to our Father. It is the seat of absolute perfection right alongside God. Not even angels have that kind of honor. Angels do have a special place with God.
- Jesus is way above that.
- Jesus is the faithful Son.
- God celebrates what Jesus did for us.
May we celebrate Jesus, what he accomplished for us and His plan.
Here is the deal. We may not always know God’s plan, but He does. And He has one. God is in a good mood. He will work everything out for our benefit.
We can better understand God’s plan for our lives by closely following Him. Romans 12:1-2 promises, “I urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God – this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is – his good, pleasing and perfect will.” When we dedicate our lives to God and turn away from the principles of this world, we prepare our hearts to hear from God (also see 1 Peter 4:2).
Paul confirms the necessity of being a “living sacrifice” and gives more detail about God’s plan: “It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; that each of you should learn to control his own body in a way that is holy and honorable, not in passionate lust like the heathen, who do not know God; and that in this matter no one should wrong his brother or take advantage of him. The Master will punish men for all such sins, as we have already told you and warned you. For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life.”
Good news: As we faithfully follow Jesus, He will reveal His plan to us. Our job is to love. That should be enough for any day.
- Amos 3:7 (NASB) — 7 Surely the Master God does nothing Unless He reveals His secret counsel To His servants the prophets.
- Exodus 26:30 — 30 “Then you shall erect the tabernacle according to its plan which you have been shown in the mountain.
- Jeremiah 49:20–21 — 20 Therefore hear the plan of the Master which He has planned against Edom, and His purposes which He has purposed against the inhabitants of Teman: surely they will drag them off, even the little ones of the flock; surely He will make their pasture desolate because of them. 21 The earth has quaked at the noise of their downfall. There is an outcry! The noise of it has been heard at the Red Sea.