There is a time to get prepared. That time is when trouble is on the way. I must listen and act on what Jesus is saying. It is time for me to get ready for trouble. There is trouble coming. Jesus is clear on this.
Jesus knows what is coming. He had warned the disciples. He was about to be treated like a criminal. The very Son of God and the anointed King would be crucified.
Jesus knew they weren’t ready for what was about to happen.
And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no moneybag or knapsack or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” He said to them, “But now let the one who has a moneybag take it, and likewise a knapsack. And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one. For I tell you that this Scripture must be fulfilled in me: ‘And he was numbered with the transgressors.’ For what is written about me has its fulfillment.” 
And so, I think. Am I ready for what is coming? Am I ready for trouble?
- “These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.” ~Jesus | John 16:33
- “So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” ~Jesus | Matthew 6:34
- “Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.” ~Jesus | John 14:27
Jesus has warned me. Get ready for trouble. I need to pull up spiritual big boy pants and proclaim the truth about Jesus.
- Now is not the time to shrink back.
- Now is not the time to deny Jesus.
- Now is not the time to seek refuge in the safe way of life.
 The Holy Bible: English Standard Version. (2016). (Lk 22:35–37). Wheaton, IL: Crossway Bibles.