Why this is important: There are some things to be embarrassed by. There are some things to be proud of. We have an extraordinary message. It is a powerful message. It is a message to be proud of.
Good News: It may not seem like it but we have good news.
- It isn’t limited to the religious.
- It isn’t going to church or leading bible studies that gets us right with God.
- It is faith pure and simple.
When we believe that King Jesus is the Messiah that came to rescue us from a life of missing God’s goal for our life, we have right standing before God.
AND that is a very good deal for sure.
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written, “The righteous shall live by faith.” 
God’s Goal: God has plans to rescue everyone (not just religious people). All we must do is trust Him. Anyone can do it. The religious don’t have a lock on this deal.
- Where should I put my faith. In God? In Jesus? In the Holy Spirit?
- Yes! Yes! And Yes!
- Jesus challenges me to believe in Him and have faith. This is foundational to my world as a disciple of Jesus.
Why should I believe Jesus? Jesus is the TRUTH. Jesus is the Way to God. Jesus came to pay the price I owe God for missing God’s goal for my life. Jesus is Life. Jesus oversees God’s country.
I can believe Jesus because I can trust Jesus. It is not that Jesus exists but that I can trust Him. He came to die for me out of love. I can rely on Jesus.
- John 14:1 — 1 “Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me.”
- John 3:16 — 16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
- John 3:18 — 18 “He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
- John 3:36 — 36 “He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”
- John 6:68–69 — 68 Simon Peter answered Him, “Master, to whom shall we go? You have words of eternal life. 69 “We have believed and have come to know that You are the Holy One of God.”
 The Holy Bible: English Standard Version. (2016). (Ro 1:16–17). Wheaton, IL: Crossway Bibles.