The main thing: God is God. God is in control. I don’t get that some days.
- What about that jerk that is charge of XYZ?
- God put that ding dong in a place of leadership?
Yes! God is in charge.
Good leadership is a channel of water controlled by God; He directs it to whatever ends He chooses.
God is God. God has a plan. God isn’t sharing everything with me. There are some great mysteries. But this much is clear:
- God is God. I am not. I am his slave.
- God has made Jesus King of His kingdom. Jesus is in charge.
- We know that part of the good news is clear. There is no longer a mystery about who God has anointed to be in charge. It is Jesus.
- “God made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined their appointed times and the boundaries of their habitation.” | Acts 17:26
- God has a government. It is a kingdom. It has a King. It is not like the City of Man.
Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God.
- Romans 13:2–3 — Therefore whoever resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves. For rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior, but for evil. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good and you will have praise from the same;
- Genesis 9:6 — “Whoever sheds man’s blood, By man his blood shall be shed, For in the image of God He made man.
- Ezra 7:26 — “Whoever will not observe the law of your God and the law of the king, let judgment be executed upon him strictly, whether for death or for banishment or for confiscation of goods or for imprisonment.”
- Proverbs 21:15 — The exercise of justice is joy for the righteous, but is terror to the workers of iniquity.
- Proverbs 28:2 — By the transgression of a land many are its princes, but by a man of understanding and knowledge, so it endures.
- Proverbs 29:4 — The king gives stability to the land by justice, but a man who takes bribes overthrows it.
- Acts 25:11 — “If, then, I am a wrongdoer and have committed anything worthy of death, I do not refuse to die; but if none of those things is true of which these men accuse me, no one can hand me over to them. I appeal to Caesar.”
- Romans 13:4 — for it is a minister of God to you for good. But if you do what is evil, be afraid; for it does not bear the sword for nothing; for it is a minister of God, an avenger who brings wrath on the one who practices evil.
- 1 Peter 2:14 — or to governors as sent by him for the punishment of evildoers and the praise of those who do right.