Apostle John Sayings, Focus, John, John 6, John 6:38, Will of God
Jesus has a real focus. Jesus is going to do what God wants Him to. I need to get the same focus in my life. What does God want? What is God’s goal for me?
The better we get to know a person, the more acquainted we become with his or her desires. For example, a child may look across a busy street at the ball that bounced away, but he doesn’t run after it, because he knows “my dad wouldn’t want me to do that.”
- He doesn’t have to ask his father for advice on every situation; he knows what his father would say because he knows his father.
- The same is true in my relationship to God.
- As I walk with the Master, obeying His Word and relying on His Spirit, I find that I am given the mind of the Messiah.
- I know Him, and that helps me to know His will.
- I find God’s guidance readily available.
The righteousness of the blameless makes their paths straight, but the wicked are brought down by their own wickedness.
God’s Goal — What is the focus of Jesus?
I am a disciple of Jesus. I am learning. The main thing to learn is to not focus on what I want but on what God wants. Jesus is King of God’s country. I must focus on knowing what my King wants and doing it. Knowledge without action is useless.
- John 6:38 — “For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.“
- Matthew 26:39 — And He went a little beyond them, and fell on His face and prayed, saying, “My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; yet not as I will, but as You will.”
- John 4:34 — Jesus said to them, “My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me and to accomplish His work.”
- John 5:30 — “I can do nothing on My own initiative. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is just, because I do not seek My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.“
- Hebrews 10:7 — “Then I said, ‘Behold, I have come (In the scroll of the book it is written of Me) To do Your will, O God.’ ”
- Hebrews 10:9 — Then He said, “Behold, I have come to do Your will.” He takes away the first in order to establish the second.
We have good news! Want to know how to be saved? Click here and here for more.
Frank Hubeny said:
Good analogy with the child knowing his father and how we should know our Father: “he knows what his father would say because he knows his father.”
LikeLiked by 1 person
May we have Christ like focus! Good analogy from a child and parent relationship btw
LikeLiked by 1 person