Why this is important: Jesus teaches His disciples that we are not to worry. Jesus encourages me to avoid worrying about my physical needs like clothing and food. Jesus assures me that my heavenly Father will take care of all my needs (Matthew 6:25-34).
God’s goal: We have no need to worry about anything. This is tough for me some days. I am a worrier for sure.
In Philippians 4:6, Paul tells us,
Do not be anxious and do not worry about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.”
In this Scripture, we learn that we should bring all our needs and concerns to God in prayer rather than worry about them. I need to focus on being thankful for what I have. I need to focus on what God is doing now.
Worry — What causes it? Am I too world-centered rather than God-centered?
- Matthew 6:25 — “For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?”
- Matthew 6:34 — “So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
- Matthew 13:22 — “And the one on whom seed was sown among the thorns, this is the man who hears the word, and the worry of the world and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful.
- Luke 12:29 — “And do not seek what you will eat and what you will drink, and do not keep worrying.“
- Luke 21:34 — “Be on guard, so that your hearts will not be weighted down with dissipation and drunkenness and the worries of life, and that day will not come on you suddenly like a trap.”
- 1 Corinthians 7:33 —But one who is married is concerned about the things of the world, how he may please his wife.
Pingback: “So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” ~Jesus | Talmidimblogging
Frank Hubeny said:
Good reminder to replace worry with thankfulness.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Let us choose thanksgiving as remedy for our worries
LikeLiked by 1 person