What kind of legacy do I want to leave my children? What is the most important thing I can do? What will make it easy for them in life?
Great questions. Here is God’s answer.
- Be God-loyal. Pretty straightforward.
- The things I think may be important pale in light of being loyal to Him.
- Live a righteous life of integrity.
- That is what will help my children.
Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is very powerful in its effect.
James 5:16 (CSB)
What is God’s goal for us? To be in right standing with Him. We get to that through Jesus. Following the way of Jesus and the way of love is a life of integrity. That is the main thing about the main thing.
- Proverbs 11:4–6 (CSB) — 4 Wealth is not profitable on a day of wrath, but righteousness rescues from death. 5 The righteousness of the blameless clears his path, but the wicked person will fall because of his wickedness. 6 The righteousness of the upright rescues them, but the treacherous are trapped by their own desires.
- Isaiah 3:10 (CSB) — 10 Tell the righteous that it will go well for them, for they will eat the fruit of their labor.
- Isaiah 33:15–16 (CSB) — 15 The one who lives righteously and speaks rightly, who refuses profit from extortion, whose hand never takes a bribe, who stops his ears from listening to murderous plots and shuts his eyes against evil schemes— 16 he will dwell on the heights; his refuge will be the rocky fortresses, his food provided, his water assured.
- Daniel 12:3 (CSB) — 3 Those who have insight will shine like the bright expanse of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever.
The righteous who walks in his integrity — blessed are his children after him!
English Standard Version. (2016). (Proverbs 20:7). Wheaton, IL: Crossway Bibles.
Pingback: “The prayer of a righteous person is very powerful in its effect.” ~Apostle James | Talmidimblogging
Michael Wilson said:
Frank Hubeny said:
Good reminder that our goal is “To be in right standing with Him.”
LikeLiked by 1 person
Good look at how righteousness is God’s goals for us. Grateful for Christ’s imputed righteousness too!
LikeLiked by 1 person