Why this is important: Jesus is perfectly aligned with His Father, God. That is the source of His power.
Jesus challenges us. Become aligned with God our Father. Pray, “On earth as it is in Heaven.”
- How is it in Heaven?
- What is God doing?
- Answer that and do that is what Jesus demands.
Pray, “Your will be done.” What does God want to happen right now? Answer that and pray for that. Do that.
An issue of obedience: Jesus challenges us “to do” what God is doing. That is His way. We can rebel or we can obey. This is real issue for me. Pretending I do not know what God wants is still disobedience. Rebellion leads to the wrath of God. I have been warned.
So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of his own accord, but only what he sees the Father doing. For whatever the Father does, that the Son does likewise. For the Father loves the Son and shows him all that he himself is doing. And greater works than these will he show him, so that you may marvel. 
Let us dig a little deeper!
Jesus is clear. There is not doubt that His single focus was doing the will of God. Jesus showed us the way. This is the main thing about the main thing.
- John 6:38 (CSB) — 38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of him who sent me.
- Matthew 26:39 (CSB) — 39 Going a little farther, he fell facedown and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.”
- John 4:34 (CSB) — 34 “My food is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work,” Jesus told them.
- John 5:30 (CSB) — 30 “I can do nothing on my own. I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, because I do not seek my own will, but the will of him who sent me.
- Hebrews 10:7 (CSB) — 7 Then I said, “See— it is written about me in the scroll— I have come to do your will, God.”
- Psalm 40:8 (CSB) — 8 I delight to do your will, my God, and your instruction is deep within me.”
 The Holy Bible: English Standard Version. (2016). (John 5:19–20). Wheaton, IL: Crossway Bibles.
Frank Hubeny said:
May we all hear and obey.
LikeLiked by 1 person
He is Lord and therefore we obey!
LikeLiked by 1 person