Oh, how we love to plan. We worship our to do lists. Some of us even put things on them we have already done so we can get the pleasure of checking them off.
- God is in control.
- God has a plan.
- We do not always have insight into what God wants to do through his son Jesus.
- Our job is to tap into God and his plans.
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. 
Source: Proverbs 27:1
The Way of Jesus is for us to learn that the only important thing about our plans is doing the will of God. That is our constant prayer; “Your Kingdom come; your will be done. On earth as it is in heaven.”
- Psalm 14:6 (NASB) — 6 You would put to shame the counsel of the afflicted, But the Master is his refuge.
- Proverbs 14:22 — 22 Will they not go astray who devise evil? But kindness and truth will be to those who devise good.
- Proverbs 21:5 — 5 The plans of the diligent lead surely to advantage, But everyone who is hasty comes surely to poverty.
- Isaiah 32:8 — 8 But the noble man devises noble plans; And by noble plans he stands.
- Romans 1:13 — 13 I do not want you to be unaware, brethren, that often I have planned to come to you (and have been prevented so far) so that I may obtain some fruit among you also, even as among the rest of the Gentiles.
- Romans 15:24 — 24 whenever I go to Spain—for I hope to see you in passing, and to be helped on my way there by you, when I have first enjoyed your company for a while—
- 2 Corinthians 1:15–17 — 15 In this confidence I intended at first to come to you, so that you might twice receive a blessing; 16 that is, to pass your way into Macedonia, and again from Macedonia to come to you, and by you to be helped on my journey to Judea. 17 Therefore, I was not vacillating when I intended to do this, was I? Or what I purpose, do I purpose according to the flesh, so that with me there will be yes, yes and no, no at the same time?
 The Holy Bible: English Standard Version (Pr 27:1). (2016). Crossway Bibles.
Good reminder that plans always change…and don’t survive intact with contact with reality
LikeLiked by 1 person