God has a goal for us. God wants us to spend time with him. God wants us to keep company with him and his son Jesus the Messiah.
God knows that spending time with him is the best thing to do. God is in a good mood and wants to share that with us. He cannot share it is we don’t keep company with him.
Delight yourself in Yahweh [the Lord], and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Source: Psalm 37:4
Jesus shows us the way.
- John 6:38 (CSB) — 38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of him who sent me.
- Matthew 26:39 (CSB) — 39 Going a little farther, he fell facedown and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.”
- John 4:34 (CSB) — 34 “My food is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work,” Jesus told them.
- John 5:30 (CSB) — 30 “I can do nothing on my own. I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, because I do not seek my own will, but the will of him who sent me.
- Hebrews 10:7 (CSB) — 7 Then I said, “See— it is written about me in the scroll— I have come to do your will, God.”
- Psalm 40:8 (CSB) — 8 I delight to do your will, my God, and your instruction is deep within me.”
 The Holy Bible: English Standard Version (Ps 37:4). (2016). Crossway Bibles.