Who does not want to work for someone where there is a complete benefits package? We all do of course.
Our Father is so amazing. God has gifts in mind for us that we don’t know anything about. The benefits of His new plan are astounding. They are ours when we follow our Master Jesus, the Messiah. Jesus is in control!!
- All God’s benefits are ours.
- Not a few but all of them.
- We get the full benefits package as citizens of his government.
How amazing is that?
Grace is an essential part of God’s character. Grace is closely related to God’s benevolence, love, and mercy. Grace can be variously defined as “God’s favor toward the unworthy” or “God’s benevolence on the undeserving.”
In His grace, God is willing to forgive me and bless me abundantly, although I do not deserve to be treated so well or dealt with so generously.
Holy scripture teaches that grace is completely unmerited. The gift and the act of giving have nothing at all to do with our merit or innate quality (Romans 4:4; 11:5–6; 2 Timothy 1:9–10).
In fact, scripture says quite clearly that we do not deserve God’s salvation. Romans 5:8–10 says,
God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, the Messiah died for us. . . . While we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son.
- John 1:14 — And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.
- Luke 2:40 — The Child continued to grow and become strong, increasing in wisdom; and the grace of God was upon Him.
- Luke 2:52 — And Jesus kept increasing in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.
- 2 Corinthians 8:9 — For you know the grace of our Master Jesus the Messiah, that though He was rich, yet for your sake He became poor, so that you through His poverty might become rich.
- Titus 2:11 — For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men.