Jesus, John, John 15, John 15:20, Persecution, Religious Elites
There is no doubt that persecution is a stark reality of living for a disciple of Jesus. For a disciple of Jesus, persecution is to be expected. The apostle Paul warned that “everyone who wants to live a godly life in the Messiah Jesus will be persecuted” (2 Timothy 3:12). This is not conspiracy theory kind of stuff. Many are planning our demise. I just want to live a peaceful life. The enemies of Jesus have other plans for me. Am I ready?
- Not may be. Will be!
- That means me and you!
- Why do the internet trolls bother me?
- Are they not expected?
- They are mild compared to what is coming.
Religious leaders and elites will come after us. They killed Jesus. They may kill us. Am I prepared? Secularism is the new religion. Atheism is a religion. At a minimum they are coming after us. They are serious. Just ask some regular folks who lost their businesses when they dared to stand up for traditional marriage.
Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A slave is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you; if they kept My word, they will keep yours also.
We have good news! Want to know how to be saved? Click here or here for more.
Persecution — Religious authorities and elites are an agency of it: We must not forget that it was the religious elites and leaders who convicted Jesus and sent Him to His death on the cross. Many times, they had sought to kill him. They finally succeeded. Are they coming after me? Are they coming after you?
- Matthew 22:15 — 15 Then the Pharisees went and plotted together how they might trap Him in what He said.
- John 12:10–11 — 10 But the chief priests planned to put Lazarus to death also; 11 because on account of him many of the Jews were going away and were believing in Jesus.
- Acts 9:23–24 — 23 When many days had elapsed, the Jews plotted together to do away with him, 24 but their plot became known to Saul. They were also watching the gates day and night so that they might put him to death.
- Acts 27:42–43 — 42 The soldiers’ plan was to kill the prisoners, so that none of them would swim away and escape; 43 but the centurion, wanting to bring Paul safely through, kept them from their intention, and commanded that those who could swim should jump overboard first and get to land,
- Jeremiah 18:18 — 18 Then they said, “Come and let us devise plans against Jeremiah. Surely the law is not going to be lost to the priest, nor counsel to the sage, nor the divine word to the prophet! Come on and let us strike at him with our tongue and let us give no heed to any of his words.”
Bonus Content: Check out this supplemental content about persecution. It adds context to this article. If you like it, please consider subscribing to the channel on YouTube.
Frank Hubeny said:
I think you’re right that internet trolls “are mild compared to what is coming”.
LikeLiked by 1 person
The world elites have always went after Jesus and Christians; good reminder
LikeLiked by 1 person