Paul reminds me. I am at war. It is an ongoing war. It doesn’t stop.
Who is the enemy? The enemy is the Devil, the evil one. His mission, as described by Jesus, is to kill, steal and destroy.
The good news is that God has given me weapons. I have to learn how to use them. They each serve a different purpose.
- The belt of truth buckled around your waist.
- The breastplate of righteousness in place.
- Feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the good news of peace.
- The shield of faith,with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
- The helmet of salvation.
- The sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.