There is a time to get prepared. That time is when trouble is on the way. I must listen and act on what Jesus is saying. It is time for me to get ready for trouble.
Jesus knew what was coming. He had warned the disciples. He was about to be treated like a criminal. The very Son of God and the anointed King would be crucified.
Jesus knew they weren’t ready for what was about to happen.
Then Jesus said, “When I sent you out and told you to travel light, to take only the bare necessities, did you get along all right?”
“Certainly,” they said, “we got along just fine.”
He said, “This is different. Get ready for trouble. Look to what you’ll need; there are difficult times ahead. Pawn your coat and get a sword. What was written in Scripture, ‘He was lumped in with the criminals,’ gets its final meaning in me. Everything written about me is now coming to a conclusion.” | Luke 22:35-37
And so I think. Am I ready for what is coming? Am I ready for trouble?
- “These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.” ~Jesus | John 16:33
- “So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” ~Jesus | Matthew 6:34
- “Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.” ~Jesus | John 14:27
Jesus has warned me. Get ready for trouble. I need to pull up spiritual big boy pants and proclaim the truth about Jesus.
- Now is not the time to shrink back.
- Now is not the time to deny Jesus.
- Now is not the time to seek refuge in the safe way of life.