There are some things that really please our Father. One of them is to reveal things to those of us who will believe just like little children do.
God is delighted to show us the way. It pleases him to no end. The way is not difficult or too challenging. Jesus has promised that if we learn from Him that we will find rest.
And so, what does He want us to know? What is God’s goal for us?
- He will give us rest. It is God’s gift. There is nothing we can do to earn it.
- Serve Him and we will learn. Our focus cannot be on ourselves.
- His way is easy, not difficult. God gives us the power and courage.
At that time Jesus said, ‘I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure. ‘All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him. ‘
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.‘ Matthew 11:25-30
We all need rest. It is essential.
I am anxious about so many things. Anxiety is insidious. There is no rest when I am wallowing in my concerns.
I am a worry wart. I recognize it can be exhausting. When I don’t trust Jesus, I don’t rest well.
There is good news. I can give my anxiety to Jesus. He will take it for me. I hear Him say “I’ve got this!”
Jesus really cares for me. That is some VERY good news.
- 1 Peter 5:7 — Casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.
- Matthew 6:25 — “For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?”
- Philippians 4:6 — Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
I can rest.
I can relax.
God is in a good mood!