We believe that Jesus, the anointed Messiah of God, was crucified in our place, to pay our penalty for missing God’s goal (aka sin).
We believe that Jesus was resurrected from the dead after 3 days into an incorruptible body.
This was told to us by Jesus many times before it happened. We can trust Jesus.
Jesus is alive. Jesus now sits at the right hand of God, the Father. This is essential to faith.
The Resurrection of Jesus the Messiah — It is foretold by Jesus Himself: What a glorious truth the resurrection of the Messiah is!
Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Master, because you know that your labor in the Master is not in vain.
1 Corinthians 15:58
According to the Bible, the resurrection of Jesus the Messiah is most definitely true. The Bible records the Messiah’s resurrection, records that over 500 people witnessed the resurrected the Messiah, and proceeds to build crucial the disciple’s doctrine on the historical fact of Jesus’ resurrection.
- Matthew 16:21 — From that time Jesus began to show His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised up on the third day.
- Matthew 12:40 — For just as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the sea monster, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
- Matthew 17:9 — As they were coming down from the mountain, Jesus commanded them, saying, “Tell the vision to no one until the Son of Man has risen from the dead.”
- Matthew 17:22–23 — And while they were gathering together in Galilee, Jesus said to them, “the Son of Man is going to be delivered into the hands of men; and they will kill Him, and He will be raised on the third day.” And they were deeply grieved.
- Matthew 20:18–19 — “Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem; and the Son of Man will be delivered to the chief priests and scribes, and they will condemn Him to death, and will hand Him over to the Gentiles to mock and scourge and crucify Him, and on the third day He will be raised up.”
- Matthew 26:32 — “But after I have been raised, I will go ahead of you to Galilee.”
- John 2:19–22 — Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.” the Jews then said, “It took forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?” But He was speaking of the temple of His body. So when He was raised from the dead, His disciples remembered that He said this; and they believed the Scripture and the word which Jesus had spoken.
- John 16:16 — “A little while, and you will no longer see Me; and again a little while, and you will see Me.”