Why this is important: Peter knows about Jesus and goes over the top in love for him. Jesus stood by him after Peter abandoned Him. Peter owes Him everything.
- Peter saw His beauty, brilliance, and glorious radiance.
- Peter was filled with the power of His Holy Spirit.
- Peter was amazed.
Does Jesus amaze me? Am I stunned by His beauty and brilliance? Am I rejoicing greatly in the Holy Spirit? Is my joy inexpressible?
And though you have not seen Him, you love Him, and though you do not see Him now, but believe in Him, you greatly rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of the beauty of God (glory).
1 Peter 1:8
Ecstasy in response to Jesus the Messiah: The Greek word “ecstasy” (ἔκστασις, ekstasis) means “standing outside of” and refers to the experience of having the mind cut off from ordinary sense perceptions. These experiences are often referred to as mystical or ecstatic experiences. The Apostle Peter had some stunning experiences. So did all the disciples.
Maybe it’s not just for kooks.
- Doesn’t Jesus just rock my world?
- Am I out of my mind at what Jesus is doing?
- Am I crazy in love with Jesus?
- Am I stunned at His beauty and brilliance?
We seem a little reluctant to talk about the ecstatic experience. Is that for mystics and weirdo’s?
- Luke 10:21 — At that very time He rejoiced greatly in the Holy Spirit, and said, “I praise You, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to infants. Yes, Father, for this way was well-pleasing in Your sight.
- Psalm 4:7 — You have put gladness in my heart, more than when their grain and new wine abound.
- Psalm 28:7 — The Lord is my strength and my shield; My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart exults, And with my song I shall thank Him.
- Matthew 28:8 — And they left the tomb quickly with fear and great joy and ran to report it to His disciples.
We have good news! Want to know how to be saved? Click here and here for more.
Frank Hubeny said:
It’s is good to have a big view of God as Francis Chan mentioned in the video.
LikeLiked by 2 people
Even if the world thinks I’m a kook I will worship jesus!
LikeLiked by 1 person